Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 24

Week 1-12 will be Done in the fall and then will add it to My Blog.

Week 13 Introduction
This is my introduction

week 14 Creating Class Elements Part 1: Images and screenshots (Feb 9-15)
Here I posted about my use of images with students who have reading comprehension or difficulty with memory. I could have said more on use of images in online work.

week 15 Using video and Audio
Here I learned how to use screen o matic and designed a video with claudia about 3D shapes. Quality seemed good and thorough.

week 16 building a video
I really liked the Prezi software but was unhappy with the fact that it recorded out of focus. As of yet, I did not retry and am planning on do it before I start my course in May.
week 17 Article and survey
Yes I liked building the survey and believe it is useful to learn about my students before I start my classes.
week 18 online programs for teaching
I was very passionate about this one because I can see from when I work with my students that they also have difficulty with the UCSC format of their online classes.
week 19 teaching stile
This week was more about my teaching stile
week 20 technology
Technology is my passion and use it all the time with my students so as I could see I reflect my love for technology in the classroom.
week 21 moocs
Moocs were something I had read about and tried to look into but never really looked very far. From the research this week I got a lot of new information I had not done before.
week 22 PLN
Here again we did a combined video with Claudia. We had talked or discussed for a couple of hours about the subject. Then we realized that we should have recorded the discussion. So we went ahead and recorded a statement about the weeks work. The important thing to remember is how to teach PLN to students relative to their educational level and age group.
week 23 building a class week week 20
I worked very hard on this one because I had to first learn how to use the Thing think page. Once I got that down I moved quickly through the project. My original goal was to make it shorter but with similar information as the previous student. I think I succeeded at showing good links to read, I did not succeed well in communicating well and I did not take less time it turned out to be a broad subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment